Fall 2017 hiphoponomics competition
Congratulations to rodney woodland and tai jones of cab calloway school for the arts
Fall 2017 HipHoponomics Competition Winners
Theme:"Why Learn Economics?"
Entrants will write, produce, and record a song on the topic of "Why Learn Economics?" Prize winning songs will lyrically convey the importance and benefits of learning Economics! The HipHoponomics Competition judges will be assessing the tracks based off the follow criteria:
- Answering the Question! How convincingly does the track answer the question "Why Learn Economics?" In other words, does your track convey why economics is beneficial for people to learn about?
- Lyrical Creativity: We're looking for entries that are highly creative in how they convey the message that Economics is awesome!
- Musical Flow: How well can you rap to the beat? Was the track performed well? Did the track use creative rhyme schemes? Is the track catchy?
The top three tracks assessed by the HipHoponomics judges will be invited to perform live at a Delaware Innovation Week event hosted by Technical.ly Delaware on Thursday, November 9th, where the winner will be decided! In addition to each receiving prize money from the University of Delaware Center for Economic Education & Entrepreneurship, the top three tracks will be uploaded on the M.C. Caskey HipHoponomics SoundCloud for the world to listen to.
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $150
- 3rd Place: $50
The deadline for song entry is Wednesday, November 1st by 11:59 PM
- You must be a current Delaware high school student to enter the competition.
- Teams of two are allowed.
- The song must be an original song of your own creation
- No obscene language or inappropriate references
- Start a Soundcloud account, which you can do for free.
- Brainstorm, Write, Produce, and Record your track!
- Upload it to your SoundCloud account upon completion.
- When you are finished, send the URL of your track on your SoundCloud account to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your lyrics! This must be done by November 1st by 11:59 PM! From here, your track will be judged by M.C. Caskey and the other HipHoponomics Competition judges.
- You will be notified by Sunday, November 5th if your song is in the Top 3, and you then will be invited to perform at a live event as a part of Technical.ly's Delaware Innovation Week on Thursday, November 9th!
- After perfoming live, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be decided at this event, and prize money will be distributed.